landlord electrical certificate being carried out during as EICR.

Landlord electrical certificates

Let us help you to provide a safe and maintained home for your tenants.

The biggest fear for any landlord is the possibility that their property will not pass an electrical safety inspection. Although we cannot ignore any potentially dangerous observations, we can help reduce the cost of remedial work. Unlike many of our competitors, we can complement our landlord electrical certificate with a free quotation. Sadly this service is only offered on electrical safety inspections and reports which we have carried out ourselves. 

Let us help you stay safe. We can help advise landlords on how to bring their electrical installations in line with the current electrical standards. 

Discounts are accumulated when more than one service is carried out simultaneously. For example, when an EICR (electrical safety report) is carried out alongside a PAT (portable appliance test). 

If you're interested in getting an estimate for your landlord electrical safety certificates then please don't hesitate to contact us.

We have produced a list of most common reasons for an EICR to be unsatisfactory. You can view our list here.

Requirements of a landlord:

  • HMO (House in Multiple Occupancy) has an EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report) carried out on the property every 5-years.
  • That all appliances issued by the landlord complies with BS (British Standards) and carries a CE mark.
  • 1 smoke alarm is installed on every storey of their private rental property.
  • 1 carbon monoxide (CO2) is installed in every room which a fuel-burning appliance.

Electrical Certificates available to tenanted properties:

  • EICR’s (Electrical Installation Condition Report). This is an electrical test, inspection and report of all fixed wiring within the property. It is usually charged by either the qty of rooms or electrical circuits.
  • Visual Electrical Inspections. These are often carried out between tenancies to ensure that the property is safe for new tenants. It will check the connection of earth bonding connections and the condition of electrical sockets, switches and fixtures.
  • Portable Appliance Testing (PAT). It’s sometimes required from various insurance companies that all landlord issued appliances are tested and certificated periodically.
  • Fire Alarm Certificate. Smoke detectors should be tested on installation and between tenancies. They should also be replaced when the ‘date sticker’ located on their base has expired. 


Proud members of the following schemes


Checkatrade Score